Monday, February 4, 2019

Hi, I'm Ella!

Hi! My name is Ella Briggs, and I am the 2019 Connecticut's Kid Governor. I live with my mom, my dad, my sister Riley, my two huge dogs (Newfoundland- St. Bernard mixes!) Ace and Sammy, and my cat Otis in East Hampton, CT. I love to dance, sing, and play the drums. I also love to hang out with my friends and spend time cuddling my dogs and my cat. I like traveling, and my favorite place that I have traveled so far is Budapest, Hungary. I love this awesome playground for kids in Budapest called Tarzan Park, and I love the water slides on Margaret Island.

Me with my dogs, Ace and Sammy! 


This year, I am looking to accomplish my Pride-Hope-Love platform. First I am going to make a step-by-step book on how to start a gay-straight alliance (GSA) at your school so kids can feel PRIDE in who they are. Next I am going to spread the word for more foster families so kids who don't have a safe home for being themselves can feel HOPE that they will find safe and loving homes. Finally I am going to do teacher training so if kids have been getting bullied, teachers know exactly what to do and say so kids can feel LOVE from their teachers and fellow students.

I am going to use this blog to tell all of you about my experiences as Connecticut's Kid Governor. I will also sometimes give ideas of how you can show respect to everyone. Join me through my journey by checking in every once and awhile. Also email me any questions or things you would like to share with me at Ella@CT.KidGovernor.org I would love to here anything you have to say!

Love You All!
Ella


No comments:

Post a Comment

Platform Update from Cabinet Member Reilly

Hi Everybody! I hope this blog post finds you all healthy and safe. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting around the table with Ell...