Monday, February 11, 2019

Two Inaugurations and my first public appearances!

Good Morning everyone!

It has been a busy couple of weeks! About a week before my own inauguration, I was invited to Governor Ned Lamont’s inauguration by State Comptroller Kevin Lembo. It was a lot of fun! I got to meet so many amazing people and a beautiful chorus sang as well. I also got to attend the very special "joint session" of the House of Representatives and Senate. That was where Governor Lamont gave his first speech to legislators about his goals as governor.

Me with Secretary of the State Denise Merrill, Mr. Charles Frey, Comptroller Kevin Lembo, Treasurer Shawn Wooden, Attorney General William Tong, and Lieutenant Governor Susan Bysiewicz right after they were sworn into office. 
Me with former Governor Dan Malloy. 

Then it was time for my own inauguration! It was an exciting but busy day. At my inauguration I got to meet so many amazing people. Some of these people included Governor Ned Lamont, Lieutenant Governor Susan Bysiewicz, and Congresswoman Jahana Hayes. I was also honored to meet the other six finalists for the 2018 Statewide Election. The seven of us will work together during the next year, not only to help my platform of LGBTQ+ youth safety, but also to work a bit on their platforms as well! I am so excited to get to know them, see their smiling faces, and make the world a better place.

Me meeting Congresswoman Jahana Hayes before my Inauguration! 

All of the state constitutional officers for Connecticut joined me and the final candidates for Inauguration Day. 

I'm so excited to get to work with the members of my Kid Governor's Cabinet-- Reilly, Madison, Eva, Melody, Hayden, and Jason.

The day after my inauguration, I was honored to attend the “Together We Rise” women's march at Two Wrasslin’ Cats, in East Haddam, CT. I had the opportunity to speak about my platform in front of a crowd, and I even enjoyed a free cinnamon bun! I was excited to meet so many interesting people and hear their stories. 



I was also honored to have NPR (National Public Radio) interview and film me this past week. They were so kind and helpful, and they seemed to really care about me and the things I am trying to accomplish.

Now that I've been sworn in as CTKG, I have my first challenge for my readers: how can you show respect today?

Wave or say, “Good Morning” to a someone you don’t normally speak to. You never know what little actions can make a person's whole day.

Email me and share how you made someone's day, at Ella@CT.KidGovernor.org.


Love you all!

Ella

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ella,

    Congratulations! And happy birthday.

    Your challenge for your readers reminds me of the messages of kindness you used to share with the school in 4th grade. :)

    I am so proud to see you taking on the role of Kid Governor. I’m sure you will do great things!

    Ms. Sawyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin says “sharing something with a friend can show respect and helping a friend feel better when they are sick, like getting a wet washcloth for them”.

    ReplyDelete

Platform Update from Cabinet Member Reilly

Hi Everybody! I hope this blog post finds you all healthy and safe. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting around the table with Ell...